- Designed to close gaps in roof & sidewall applications. Material is pre-cut to conform to metal panel configurations.
- Applications include closing the openings at the ridge (peak of the building) or at the eave (gutter-line of a building).
- 1.8 lb. Density polyethylene foam is designed to withstand harsh weather elements including moisture & ultraviolet rays.
- Optional pre-applied adhesive helps to keep closure in place before roof panel is fastened.
- Interlocking dovetails provide a secure end to-end fit, eliminating any potential gaps
- Product Dimension:
- 1 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ x 10′
- AST is a self-adhering foam tape impregnated with water-based acrylic-modified asphalt emulsion
- It is an excellent alternative to butyl tape & open-cell polyurethane foam strips
- Will not dry out and become hard and brittle
- Highly resistant to bugs and vermin
- Will not extrude from between joints like caulk or butyl tapes
- Conforms to contours and fills gaps
- Maintains a seal during thermal expansion and contraction of building
- Excellent compressibility and recovery (minimal compression set)
- Good thermal and sound insulator
- No shrinkage or blow-out due to closed-cell breakage
- Supplied with self-adhesive on one side. After removal of packaging,
material begins gradual expansion – more slowly in cold weather than in hot.
- Dimensions: 1″ x 1 1/4″ x 13′